Skip to main content

Finding My Buff

Finding My Buff



Have you ever seen Jackie Warner’s T.V. show on Bravo? I use to watch it years ago. I really like how she made her client’s workout, she did not take no for an answer. I found an old magazine in my closet that featured Jackie Warner’s New Year’s Workout, and I decided that I am going to try it! I have nothing to lose except finding my buff body in which I’ve never ever had in my life!

I am 80 lbs. over weight, and I am in my mid 40's. I also have several food allergies to contend with. My immune system is always over active, and I seem to be slightly swollen daily.  My goal is to get in the best shape of my life, and turn my extremely complicated body into a buff body just like Jackie says, “let’s bring buff back”! I am going to follow all the rules that she suggested in the FitnessRx Magazine for Women that was published back in 2010.  So here we go!

Rule #1: 
Create a training log.

My training log will be this blog. Now she states that you should write down your workout before you go to the gym. Then you hold yourself accountable making sure you do everything that is written down. Before I go workout I will make sure I log what I am going to do at the gym. Then another thing she suggests is that the days you are really sore put a smile face next to that workout, and do it anyways.

Rule #2: 
Do not set weight-loss goals, set athletic goals.

People respond better if you are working towards a goal such as to running a 5K or a marathon as supposed to losing 80 lbs.

I already know that I want to lose 80 lbs. but apparently I am not supposed to set that as my goal. So instead my first goal is to run a 5K. I’ve never ran a mile in my entire life, and having to run 3.2 miles will be a challenge for me. I used to run track when I was a lot younger but I always ran the relays. If you needed a fast runner, you would use me, but if you needed a person to run a mile it was not I. So this will be a perfect challenge for myself. I am going to start my challenge on Monday making my starting date on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30th!

Rule #3: 
Measure & weigh yourself once a month.

I do not like the fact that I will be posting my measurements along with my weight & pictures for the world to see. The thought about posting this public really makes me sick to my stomach! If I am going to do this right I might as well put it all out there. 

Rule #4: 
Cut out refined sugar for Monday-Friday every week.

I am sure this rule does not include Michigan honey! I like a teaspoon of honey in my morning coffee but I am willing to give up all sugar for the rest of the day!

Rule #5: 
Eat organic, and cut out refined food which has more chemicals and estrogen in them.

I will be giving up all of my gluten-free and multiple allergy free snacks during the week. Plus, no macaroni and cheese! One small box without my allergies is around 1000 calories, and I can eat that whole box!

Rule #6: 
Change your workout once a month.

I will change the workout after the 4th week. I will have to check to see if Jackie has any other workout pictures on line if not I will find something else so I can change it up.

Rule #7: 
Eat your food on a salad plate, and not in front of the T. V.

This rule is going to be a challenge. I am so use to eating in front of the T.V. while watching the news or a show. But I know I can eat at the kitchen table while doing absolutely nothing! Do you ever feel like when you are eating you need to be reading or doing something? I feel like this everyday, so during this challenge my goal is to do nothing when I eat.

Rule #8: 
Make it fun and join a class.

Paying for a class up front will motivate you in showing up for the class.

My goal is to join a Zumba class in week 5. I need to get my gears stretched and going first in order for me to complete a full class.


There are a few other rules that I did not add on here but these were the most important. 

Basically, you work out 5 days a week, and on the weekend Saturday and Sunday you can eat what you want but you still have to eat on the salad plate.

There are nine exercises she added to this article that I am going to do 2x’s a week for the next 4 weeks, and the rest of my week will be cardio and stretching because I am going to need it!

I am sure if you are reading this you feel the same way I feel about myself. I do not like taking pictures of myself anymore because I cannot stand the way I look in them. I especially hate it when other people post pictures with me in them. Its hard to look at myself when I’ve lost -80 lbs., and within a few years I’ve gained it all back. I created new bad habits like eating after 7pm at night. Plus the fact that I am allergic to mother nature as well as wheat, soy, dairy, eggs, walnuts, flax seed, turkey, and tomatoes. In addition, when I find something new to eat I really over eat on it because I am so excited to have something different! Because of this I have not been paying attention to the proper portions or making sure I eat all of my vegetables.

I am accepting this challenge from Jackie, and I will be posting my food that I am eating, and my workouts every week. I will post once a week what I've done that week along with pictures.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a good protein

What is a good protein to eat? Some say hot dogs, and some may say luncheon meat. So there is no good answer. When you you pick out a nutrition program to follow each one of them have something different that you can choose for a protein.  Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, or whatever nutrition way that you follow there should be some guidelines to what is an excellent protein to  eat. First, let's start off with why we eat protein, and why we need it in our daily diets. You see our bodies are designed to use protein to build and repair tissues such as bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and let's not forget our blood needs protein too. Our bodies also uses protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other bodily chemicals.  Let's not forget about our hair. It is important to eat protein in order to keep some hair on our heads unless you have a hair or skin disease. Protein helps keep those hairs in their place. Well definitely for me at least LOL. When I

Homemade Quinoa Bread

This  quinoa bread is very simple to make. It is gluten-free, yeast free, and its vegan. Because you don't need to mess with yeast this makes this an easy bread to make. Only takes about 5-7 minutes to prepare, and 60 minutes to cook, and another 60 minutes to cool. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and take out your bread pan and grease it with a little bit of coconut oil. When I started this recipe I used my blender to blend the quinoa, gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until the quinoa is grinder down into a fine flour and everything is mixed.  Next, I poured everything into my food processor but you could still use the blender too. Pour the flour from the blender, and add all the liquid; Almond milk, honey, and coconut oil. Blend again for a few minutes until everything is blended.  Transfer your bread mix into the prepared bread pan, and if you would

Rough Week

This week was a rough one for sure. You see my father-in-law Greg died this week shorty after our vacation up north. We did not expect him to leave us so sudden. Which led me to a little bit of emotional eating instead of dealing with my pain. When I recognized what I was doing I stopped, and assessed the situation. All I needed to do was to talk about happy memories, and cry a little bit. I feel like I am  a little numb on the inside...I can't let emotional eating steer me away from my goals no matter how painful a death can be. I know one day I will see him again in heaven. Until that day comes I need to focus on a healthier lifestyle, and reaching my weight loss goal. Not to mention I am sure he would be very sad if I did not stay my course.... I know death is hard to deal with when someone so close to you passes on. I can't express how painful it is until you actually have gone through a tragedy like this. Some people quit eating, others over eat, and its easier to no