Skip to main content

Week 4 Bringing Buff Back


Now she did not have much weight to lose as I do.
But she still looks phenomenal!
Friday, June 17th 
Today is my first day back in the gym from my intestinal inflaming. It felt GREAT! I completed 40 minutes of cardio on an elliptical machine. After completed some additional stretching on one of their machines. I can feel the stretch all the way down my lower back.  My goal in 8 weeks is to restart Jackie Warner's 4 week workout! But first I have to iron out some issues. 

Saturday, June 18th       8-))
I woke up extremely tight and sore. I started my day with Back Pain Yoga. The first pose where you put one leg on the other legs thigh, and try and grab your foot to stretch out. Oh Boy! I could barely touch my toes with only one hand LOL!! The second position where we put our feet together and bring them up to you. It felt like glass in my back and hips. The Lord of the Fishes pose, let me just say I can't really get into that position. I had to modify it to where I hold myself up with one arm and my hand holds my knee. LOL!! I kinda laughed when I found out how not flexible I am. The last pose was a Downward Dog, I was not able to really start from the beginning so I started it on the floor. It actually felt really good all 3 times. Today, I am going to take it easy and maybe go for a long walk. 

Sunday, June 19th     8-))
Yes, its Father's Day. So Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there! I am a sore so today but I don't want to over do it just yet. Today, I will just go for a walk around my neighborhood. My friend came over for a bbq, and the minute she looked at me she asked me if I had lost weight. I am THRILLED, and looking forward to taking my pictures and seeing a difference. 

Monday, June 20th
This is the beginning of week 4! Do you know what week it is? At the end of this week its time to remeasure and weigh myself. I am not going to lie I am a little scarred with all of my intestinal issues that I have been having since week 2. But I will not let that scare me! What ever it is, it is what it is. I can only get stronger if I keep moving forward! But I won't do that until Sunday this week. So I have a few more days to get on with my program!

On my way to the gym this morning. My goal today is to push myself and complete 1 hour of cardio. I may have to move around from one machine to the next. I have today off, and I want to make the best of it for the time that I am setting aside for myself before I go do errands or choirs around the house. Then after the gym I will do all of my yoga stretches for my back which is really helping me out. I think we are going to have to incorporate 2-3 days a week to just yoga for 4 weeks.





My GOAL!




Never be afraid to try,

remember amateurs built the ark,

professionals built the Titanic.

Write by Anonymous 



My daughter had this saying in a picture frame in a box. Reading this gave me hope. I hope it does the same for you! 8-))











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a good protein

What is a good protein to eat? Some say hot dogs, and some may say luncheon meat. So there is no good answer. When you you pick out a nutrition program to follow each one of them have something different that you can choose for a protein.  Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, or whatever nutrition way that you follow there should be some guidelines to what is an excellent protein to  eat. First, let's start off with why we eat protein, and why we need it in our daily diets. You see our bodies are designed to use protein to build and repair tissues such as bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and let's not forget our blood needs protein too. Our bodies also uses protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other bodily chemicals.  Let's not forget about our hair. It is important to eat protein in order to keep some hair on our heads unless you have a hair or skin disease. Protein helps keep those hairs in their place. Well definitely for me at least LOL. When I

Rough Week

This week was a rough one for sure. You see my father-in-law Greg died this week shorty after our vacation up north. We did not expect him to leave us so sudden. Which led me to a little bit of emotional eating instead of dealing with my pain. When I recognized what I was doing I stopped, and assessed the situation. All I needed to do was to talk about happy memories, and cry a little bit. I feel like I am  a little numb on the inside...I can't let emotional eating steer me away from my goals no matter how painful a death can be. I know one day I will see him again in heaven. Until that day comes I need to focus on a healthier lifestyle, and reaching my weight loss goal. Not to mention I am sure he would be very sad if I did not stay my course.... I know death is hard to deal with when someone so close to you passes on. I can't express how painful it is until you actually have gone through a tragedy like this. Some people quit eating, others over eat, and its easier to no

Homemade Quinoa Bread

This  quinoa bread is very simple to make. It is gluten-free, yeast free, and its vegan. Because you don't need to mess with yeast this makes this an easy bread to make. Only takes about 5-7 minutes to prepare, and 60 minutes to cook, and another 60 minutes to cool. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and take out your bread pan and grease it with a little bit of coconut oil. When I started this recipe I used my blender to blend the quinoa, gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until the quinoa is grinder down into a fine flour and everything is mixed.  Next, I poured everything into my food processor but you could still use the blender too. Pour the flour from the blender, and add all the liquid; Almond milk, honey, and coconut oil. Blend again for a few minutes until everything is blended.  Transfer your bread mix into the prepared bread pan, and if you would