Skip to main content

Homemade Quinoa Bread





This quinoa bread is very simple to make. It is gluten-free, yeast free, and its vegan. Because you don't need to mess with yeast this makes this an easy bread to make. Only takes about 5-7 minutes to prepare, and 60 minutes to cook, and another 60 minutes to cool.


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and take out your bread pan and grease it with a little bit of coconut oil.




When I started this recipe I used my blender to blend the quinoa, gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until the quinoa is grinder down into a fine flour and everything is mixed. 





Next, I poured everything into my food processor but you could still use the blender too. Pour the flour from the blender, and add all the liquid; Almond milk, honey, and coconut oil. Blend again for a few minutes until everything is blended. 




Transfer your bread mix into the prepared bread pan, and if you would like to dress up the top or your bread by adding oats, sesame seeds, this is the perfect time to do so. What I used was cinnamon and coriander seeds. These two seasonings are anti-inflammatory and because of my autoimmune disease I try to add things that counter act with my inflaming. You do not have to do this but I try to add healthy alternatives to my health issues. 

Once your bread mix is in your pan and ready to go into the oven. Cover the top of the pan with parchment paper for the first 30 minutes to prevent the top from burning. Then cook an additional 30 minutes.



Once the bread is done baking take it out of the oven and let it cool 100% before slicing into. This is a must because your bread is still setting and if you slice into it when its warm it won't look to good. Trust me, its better to wait until its nice and cool. 

One loaf of bread has approximately 10 servings. 

This bread is higher in protein and I like to use one slice for my mid-afternoon snack. 


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups quinoa, uncooked
  • 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
  • 3 Tbsp coconut oil, room temperature 
  • 2 cups almond milk or alternative 
  • 1 Tbsp honey or alternative
  • 1 Tbsp apple cider (Bragg's)
  • cinnamon (optional)
  • coriander (optional)

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease a bread pan with coconut oil or alternative, and set aside. 
  2. In a blender, pour in your dry ingredients quinoa, gluten-free flour (oats), baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until everything is blended and the quinoa is a fine flour. 
  3. You can continue to use the blender or use a food processor for this next step. Pour your flour from the blender and into the food processor. Now add all the liquid ingredients: almond milk (or alternative), honey, and vinegar. Blend again for a few minutes. 
  4. Transfer your bread batter into your prepared bread tin for baking. If you would like to dress the top or your bread this is the time to do so. I used cinnamon and coriander seasonings you could do the same or use sesame seeds or dried oats on top. 
  5. Before sticking your bread in the oven cover it with parchment paper so the top of the bread does not burn. Bake for 30 minutes.
  6. When the timer goes off remove the parchment paper and continue to cook for another 30 minutes. 
  7. Once done baking let it cook for about 1 hour before slicing the bread. This is a must because your bread is still conforming while it is cooling. You can leave the bread in the pan to cool or for faster cooling remove the bread carefully onto a plate. 
  8. Once cooled you can store your bread in a zip lock bag for 2 weeks or freeze it up to 3 months if you desire. I like my bread fresh so I just bake it when I need it with my food prep.

Post a COMMENT if you enjoyed this recipe! 8-) Would love some feed back 8-) 

Author: Cari Minch
Check out my Fitness PAGE & click LIKE  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a good protein

What is a good protein to eat? Some say hot dogs, and some may say luncheon meat. So there is no good answer. When you you pick out a nutrition program to follow each one of them have something different that you can choose for a protein.  Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, or whatever nutrition way that you follow there should be some guidelines to what is an excellent protein to  eat. First, let's start off with why we eat protein, and why we need it in our daily diets. You see our bodies are designed to use protein to build and repair tissues such as bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and let's not forget our blood needs protein too. Our bodies also uses protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other bodily chemicals.  Let's not forget about our hair. It is important to eat protein in order to keep some hair on our heads unless you have a hair or skin disease. Protein helps keep those hairs in their place. Well definitely for me at least LOL. When I

Rough Week

This week was a rough one for sure. You see my father-in-law Greg died this week shorty after our vacation up north. We did not expect him to leave us so sudden. Which led me to a little bit of emotional eating instead of dealing with my pain. When I recognized what I was doing I stopped, and assessed the situation. All I needed to do was to talk about happy memories, and cry a little bit. I feel like I am  a little numb on the inside...I can't let emotional eating steer me away from my goals no matter how painful a death can be. I know one day I will see him again in heaven. Until that day comes I need to focus on a healthier lifestyle, and reaching my weight loss goal. Not to mention I am sure he would be very sad if I did not stay my course.... I know death is hard to deal with when someone so close to you passes on. I can't express how painful it is until you actually have gone through a tragedy like this. Some people quit eating, others over eat, and its easier to no