Skip to main content

Yummy Zucchini Quinoa Bread




There is nothing like zucchini bread! I enjoy sinking my teeth into a slice with a nice hot cup of coffee. Yum Yum! But how does one enjoy zucchini bread when your on a health journey and giving up sugar amongst other things? Well, I did some research on making it from scratch and came up with my very own recipe! I can't wait to try it!



The traditional bread has regular milk, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, canola oil, and wheat flour to name a few. I took out all those ingredients and replaced it with much filling and healthier ingredient choices. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Matter of fact, I believe everyone should make this recipe and try it. Its good to get outside of your comfort zone and try something new. You may just shock yourself and find out it tastes just the same but more filling. Plus, not to mention we are bringing our buff back right? We will have to make some changes in out nutrition as we go along our journey.

This recipe makes approximately 10 servings, and it is good for 2 weeks if a zip lock bag. If you freeze it this is good for 90 days. 

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups zucchini, shredded
  • 2 cups quinoa, uncooked
  • 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats)
  • 3/4 cup Organic coconut sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon  
  • 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
  • 2 cups almond milk or alternative
  • 3 Tbsp coconut oil, room temperature 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 1 Tbsp apple cider (Bragg's)
  • 1/2 cup raw pecans (optional)

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease a bread pan with coconut oil or alternative, and set aside. 
  2. First, take out your food processor and use the cheese grader to shred your freshly prepped zucchini. Place zucchini in a clean bowl, and set aside. Rinse out your food processor.
  3. In a blender, pour in your dry ingredients quinoa, gluten-free flour (oats), coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until everything is blended and the quinoa is a fine flour. 
  4. You can continue to use the blender or use a food processor for this next step. Pour your flour from the blender and into the food processor. Now add all the liquid ingredients: almond milk (or alternative), coconut oil, vanilla extract, and vinegar. Blend again for a few minutes, and then add shredded zucchini. Then blend for another few minutes until everything is blended together.  
  5. Before transferring your bread batter into the baking dish. You need to add your chunky pecans and stir them around the batter. 
  6. Now transfer your bread batter into your prepared bread tin for baking. If you would like to dress the top or your bread this is the time to do so. I mixed 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small glass. Mixed together. Then sprinkle over top of your bread. Take a butter knife and swirl it around the top making a pretty design. Set the knife aside. 
  7. Before sticking your bread in the oven cover it with parchment paper so the top of the bread does not burn. Bake for 30 minutes.
  8. When the timer goes off remove the parchment paper and continue to cook for another 30 minutes. 
  9. Once it is done baking let it cook for about 1 hour before slicing the bread. This is a must because your bread is still conforming while it is cooling. You can leave the bread in the pan to cool or for faster cooling remove the bread carefully onto a plate. 
  10. Once cooled you can store your bread in a zip lock bag for 2 weeks or freeze it up to 3 months if you desire. I like my bread fresh so I just bake it when I need it with my food prep, and this week its a different bread.

Post a COMMENT if you enjoyed this recipe! 8-) 


Author: Cari Minch

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    What is a good protein

    What is a good protein to eat? Some say hot dogs, and some may say luncheon meat. So there is no good answer. When you you pick out a nutrition program to follow each one of them have something different that you can choose for a protein.  Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, or whatever nutrition way that you follow there should be some guidelines to what is an excellent protein to  eat. First, let's start off with why we eat protein, and why we need it in our daily diets. You see our bodies are designed to use protein to build and repair tissues such as bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and let's not forget our blood needs protein too. Our bodies also uses protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other bodily chemicals.  Let's not forget about our hair. It is important to eat protein in order to keep some hair on our heads unless you have a hair or skin disease. Protein helps keep those hairs in their place. Well definitely for me at least LOL. When I

    Homemade Quinoa Bread

    This  quinoa bread is very simple to make. It is gluten-free, yeast free, and its vegan. Because you don't need to mess with yeast this makes this an easy bread to make. Only takes about 5-7 minutes to prepare, and 60 minutes to cook, and another 60 minutes to cool. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and take out your bread pan and grease it with a little bit of coconut oil. When I started this recipe I used my blender to blend the quinoa, gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until the quinoa is grinder down into a fine flour and everything is mixed.  Next, I poured everything into my food processor but you could still use the blender too. Pour the flour from the blender, and add all the liquid; Almond milk, honey, and coconut oil. Blend again for a few minutes until everything is blended.  Transfer your bread mix into the prepared bread pan, and if you would

    Rough Week

    This week was a rough one for sure. You see my father-in-law Greg died this week shorty after our vacation up north. We did not expect him to leave us so sudden. Which led me to a little bit of emotional eating instead of dealing with my pain. When I recognized what I was doing I stopped, and assessed the situation. All I needed to do was to talk about happy memories, and cry a little bit. I feel like I am  a little numb on the inside...I can't let emotional eating steer me away from my goals no matter how painful a death can be. I know one day I will see him again in heaven. Until that day comes I need to focus on a healthier lifestyle, and reaching my weight loss goal. Not to mention I am sure he would be very sad if I did not stay my course.... I know death is hard to deal with when someone so close to you passes on. I can't express how painful it is until you actually have gone through a tragedy like this. Some people quit eating, others over eat, and its easier to no