Skip to main content

Back Pain




Taking it one day at a time until I look like this!


WEEK 3

Since I started my journey in finding my buff body I have been experiencing issue with my intestines. I've cut back on my workout schedule in hopes of everything calming down and going away, but that is not the case. This journey is going to take a minute to get through all my qualms with my body. I knew this would not be a cakewalk however I am really focused on changing my body and concurring my immune system!

I will take ½ of a Benadryl tablet for the rest of this week in hopes of getting my immune system to stop attacking, and calm down. In a week if they are not better I will be making an appointment with my doctor for additional help. On the bad side of taking this the medication makes me feel like I have a hangover, and if I am taking it for a week. I can’t even imagine how I am even going to stay awake! My goal here is to try and do some cardio with some lower back yoga stretches to see if this will relieve some of my pain.


I am going to stop Jackie’s 4-week full body workout (don’t worry we will be coming back to Jackie’s workout. But if you want to finish it go right ahead).





The first yoga pose is hamstring stretch. The picture is pretty explanatory. Start by sitting on the floor, taking one leg and placing it as far up on the inner thigh of the other leg. Make sure you are sitting on your sitting bones on your but. The best way to know if you are sitting on the right part of your butt is to rock back and forth for a minute before getting into the position. Once you are in position then lean forward reaching for your toes, if you cannot reach your toes then get a towel to wrap around your foot in order for you to grab it, and stretch. Now gently pull, and feel that stretch through your hamstrings located on the back of your leg, your glutes (butt), Hercules tendon (ankle), and you can also begin to feel the stretch in your lower back. Hold this position for a count of 30 then switch legs. Do this 3 times on each leg before moving on to the next position. 


Here is another view for our first position.
This picture is from: http://prajnayoga.net



Our second position is to sit with your legs straight out in front of you. If your hips or groins are super tight you may want to sit on a blanket lifting your but an inch or so off of the ground. Exhale, now bend your knees, and pull your heals toward your pelvis. Now drop your knees out to the side and press the soles of your feet together.  Never force your knees down to the floor just feel light stretch, because you do not want to pull a muscle. Hold the position for 30 seconds, release, and do again 2 more times.




Our third pose is called Pigeon. This pose allows for a deep relaxation stretching of the gluteal muscles. This stretch can help with sciatic nerve issues but also be aware that this pose can also irritate it as well. You will have to be the best judge when it comes to your body whether or not you can do this pose. I have sciatic nerve issues personally I’ve never had any issues.


How you would do this position is better explained on a short video that I am going to post a link to: Do-the-Yoga-Pigeon-Pose, and don't forget to switch sides. 








The fourth pose is called Lord Of Fishes. Yeah, not a clue on how they found that name?
 


Anyways, to start this position is to sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you. Now bend your left leg over the right leg, and try to place your foot on the floor. Take a deep breath and take your right arm and place it over the left knee while extending out your left arm behind you on the floor. Hold for 30 seconds for each side for 3 sets. You can feel this stretch all over your body it helps the hips, thighs, back, and shoulders.  







Last one, this one is called Downward Dog this one is perfect to finish up our lower back stretching. You would start on all four's on the ground with your but in the air or if you are really out of shape you could lye on the floor and push yourself into position. Then as we get stronger we can learn how to do the full position. Never push yourself to get a deeper stretch, you want to feel a light stretch. Our goal here is to loosen our muscles and not pull them causing us pain. You only want to go as far as you start to feel the stretch, and when we do each set you can do a small challenge where you try to reach a little farther but not over extending any one position. Do 3 sets, and hold for 30 seconds each. Now if you are looking at the picture below. You know if a dog can do it then you can do it! Ha Ha Ha 

Now if he can do it then we know we can do it!


Stretching can do done on a daily basis. My goal is to cut back on my workout schedule for now. Instead of 5 days I will do 3-4 days, and work back up to 5 days. Every day I work out I will complete these yoga stretches. 




Believe in YOURSELF and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is GREATER than any obstacle!     
                        Written by Christian Larson


No matter what is standing in your way just believe in yourself, and know it will pass. When you fight through hard times no matter what it is just know in the end you will end up with more confidence, and be a lot stronger! 

We have one week left before we update pictures. Not going to lie I am a little worried because of all the issues that I am having. But I am not going to worry about that this week. I am going to push forward and finish my workouts as best as I can. You never know there might be a big difference in between the pictures that I won't notice it until I place them side by side. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a good protein

What is a good protein to eat? Some say hot dogs, and some may say luncheon meat. So there is no good answer. When you you pick out a nutrition program to follow each one of them have something different that you can choose for a protein.  Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, or whatever nutrition way that you follow there should be some guidelines to what is an excellent protein to  eat. First, let's start off with why we eat protein, and why we need it in our daily diets. You see our bodies are designed to use protein to build and repair tissues such as bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and let's not forget our blood needs protein too. Our bodies also uses protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other bodily chemicals.  Let's not forget about our hair. It is important to eat protein in order to keep some hair on our heads unless you have a hair or skin disease. Protein helps keep those hairs in their place. Well definitely for me at least LOL. When I

Homemade Quinoa Bread

This  quinoa bread is very simple to make. It is gluten-free, yeast free, and its vegan. Because you don't need to mess with yeast this makes this an easy bread to make. Only takes about 5-7 minutes to prepare, and 60 minutes to cook, and another 60 minutes to cool. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and take out your bread pan and grease it with a little bit of coconut oil. When I started this recipe I used my blender to blend the quinoa, gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until the quinoa is grinder down into a fine flour and everything is mixed.  Next, I poured everything into my food processor but you could still use the blender too. Pour the flour from the blender, and add all the liquid; Almond milk, honey, and coconut oil. Blend again for a few minutes until everything is blended.  Transfer your bread mix into the prepared bread pan, and if you would

Rough Week

This week was a rough one for sure. You see my father-in-law Greg died this week shorty after our vacation up north. We did not expect him to leave us so sudden. Which led me to a little bit of emotional eating instead of dealing with my pain. When I recognized what I was doing I stopped, and assessed the situation. All I needed to do was to talk about happy memories, and cry a little bit. I feel like I am  a little numb on the inside...I can't let emotional eating steer me away from my goals no matter how painful a death can be. I know one day I will see him again in heaven. Until that day comes I need to focus on a healthier lifestyle, and reaching my weight loss goal. Not to mention I am sure he would be very sad if I did not stay my course.... I know death is hard to deal with when someone so close to you passes on. I can't express how painful it is until you actually have gone through a tragedy like this. Some people quit eating, others over eat, and its easier to no