Skip to main content

End of Week 4 Results





Joanne Greggins back in the 80's Fitness Trainer

When I was growing up I always caught my mother doing all of Joanne Greggins and Jane Fonda's videos early in the morning. I was intrigued, after school I would do all of my mother's videos before anyone got home. I did that for years! I was in the best shape! Now I am looking to push beyond my younger years, and prove to myself that YES I can do ANYTHING, and I will find my buff body! 




Tuesday, June 21st

Today I worked on doing 30 minutes of yoga, and 30 minutes of cardio. I think this week I am going to try to do something totally crazy!! I am going to do a brief video of me working out at the gym, and see if I can attach it to this blog! Also, I am going to start posting some recipes for a healthy quick meals! Yummy!!

Wednesday-Sunday:
I walked 2 miles each day.





On a previous blog I had talked about how much television are you watching? I added up my numbers for the week, and felt ill when I found out I was putting in overtime on a job watching 42 hours a week! Since then I've been cutting back the amount of programs I watch. I've cut my TV time  by 32 hours!! Yep, I only watch about 10 hours a week! I have been focusing more on my writing. I decided that I am going to rewrite my food allergy book by adding more food allergies. Plus, I have 3 blogs, and I've been focusing on more material. I've been keeping busy in my food allergy support groups, and I am working on a few speaking engagements. Not to mention my kitchen is clean! When I have nothing to do I make sure all my dishes are washed and the house is picked up. AND I've been spending more time on cooking.   

Speaking of food we are probably going to need to talk about nutrition within the next few blogs. Even though I am allergic to food I will share with everyone my diet that I received when I seen my dietician. What my dietician had to do is go over regular diet and crossed off everything I am personally allergic too in each section. For those of you who are not allergic you would swop out a few ingredients but I will make it as easy as possible. This nutrition program gives you so much food that personally, I have NEVER eaten all the food allowed. If you eat this nutritional program correctly you should never feel hungry! There is a lot of food! 







MEASUREMENTS FOR WEEK 4:


It is time to take a peek of where I am at physically again. Ready here are my results! 

                   WEEK 1          WEEK 4

Neck:           14 1/2            14 1/2
Chest:          46                  45
Right Arm:  15 ½              14 1/2
Left Arm:    15 ½               14 1/2
Midriff:        37                   36
Waist:         37 ¼               36
Abdominal: 47 ½              45 1/2
Hips:           44                   43 1/4
Right Leg:  28                   27 1/2
Left Leg:    28 ½               27 3/4
Right Calf: 17                    16 1/4
Left Calf:   16 ¼                15 1/2
Weight:   219.0                  219.0





The first 4 weeks have been a challenge. It started out great on the first week. Things went south on week 2 with my intestines.  But I did lose 9 ¼ inches! My weight did not change at all, and I am just surprised that I did not lose anything. Maybe my scale is broken, and I just don’t know it yet? Ha Ha!  Am I disappointed? No not really, I know I could of done a lot better with the challenges. Having inflamed intestines is just not fun! I will settle with the 9 ¼ inches.

Now for the next 4 weeks is going to be fun! I am still having intestinal issues, and they don’t seem to be going away at all. I may have to go see my doctor. Not looking forward to that at all! However, I will not let that stop me from at least inching my way forward to my goals. Next 4 weeks I am going to do either walking for 2 miles or lite cardio. I would like to do 15 minutes of yoga 3x’s a week. Its not easy doing yoga with my intestines right now. After stretching out I would say about an hour later my back, and my stomach are in pain. I just poked at an angry bear! I think is I keep moving forward slowly, and go see my doctor maybe after the next 4 weeks. I should be ready to go full blast!!

I did not have time to redo my lovely pictures yet. I will get them this week and post them in this section.








This week, I was strolling around on my social media accounts and I stopped off on Instagram. This picture caught my eye of a young woman who has the most AMAZING BUFF BODY I've ever seen! Then I noticed she has an ostomy bag attached to her stomach.  Curious, I went to her page and started looking at all her pictures. Found out she has Colitis (which is very painful)! Instead of living life with Colitis she decided to get in the best shape of her life while dealing with her disease. I was so intrigued by her willpower to succeed! I decided to camp out for awhile and make sure I liked most of her pictures. I don't know about you but finding people who decide to live their life with their aliments encourages me to keep going. If you would like to check out her pictures check out Zoeywright10 on Instagram. 

There are a few other blogs that I follow that also inspire me. The first one is called Dances With Fat. The lady who writes this blog is named Ragen Chastain. She dances, runs, and has a very active life. One day a few years ago I came across this video of her dancing with her partner. I couldn't help myself watching how she dance it was just beautiful! She competes in dance competitions, and wins! I don't know but I just love the way she dances its absolutely breath taking. Well at least to me. So from time to time I will go back to her blog to do a check up to find out what she is up to. The other day I went to my little nieces dance recital, and there was this funny dance that was performed by a little girl who is over weight. I just loved how she danced too! It was funny, cute, and I was amazed on how she can move her body! One day I will be taking dance classes they just inspire me to learn to move the way they do!  

The point of my two stories is to find something that inspires you. It might not be what inspires me but you can go strolling around on social media and find a few people that motivates you to do better. Then like all their pictures, and check their page from time to time. Now to share something personal, I really connected with Zoey because if I ever end up in surgery again, I know I will wake up with an ostomy bag. My intestines are so messed up from endometriosis. I had 4 surgeries where my doctor would scrape off endometriosis off of my intestines. Plus, my disease was so bad that it relocated all of my organs and placed them on my intestines. It was not an easy time in my life dealing with all this pain. I had 2 colonoscopies that showed nothing was wrong, and that I had a very healthy colon. The doctor did tell us that he almost could not stick the camera in because my rectum was tight. Guess why? My appendix decided to turn into a long snake and wrapped itself around my intestines! They did not find it on any tests! They found it when I went into surgery to have my ovaries removed. My doctor had to call for more doctors, and the gastroenterologist just wanted to take my intestines out and place me on an ostomy bag because of all the damage on the outside. Apparently there were words exchanged between doctors and my OBGYN said NO! When I woke up I was warned the next time any doctor takes me to surgery that my intestines will be removed! NO THANK YOU! I will wait... But the point of this story is I can relate, and it inspires me to  keep pushing forward and get healthy with all of my issues just like she did. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a good protein

What is a good protein to eat? Some say hot dogs, and some may say luncheon meat. So there is no good answer. When you you pick out a nutrition program to follow each one of them have something different that you can choose for a protein.  Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, or whatever nutrition way that you follow there should be some guidelines to what is an excellent protein to  eat. First, let's start off with why we eat protein, and why we need it in our daily diets. You see our bodies are designed to use protein to build and repair tissues such as bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and let's not forget our blood needs protein too. Our bodies also uses protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other bodily chemicals.  Let's not forget about our hair. It is important to eat protein in order to keep some hair on our heads unless you have a hair or skin disease. Protein helps keep those hairs in their place. Well definitely for me at least LOL. When I

Homemade Quinoa Bread

This  quinoa bread is very simple to make. It is gluten-free, yeast free, and its vegan. Because you don't need to mess with yeast this makes this an easy bread to make. Only takes about 5-7 minutes to prepare, and 60 minutes to cook, and another 60 minutes to cool. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and take out your bread pan and grease it with a little bit of coconut oil. When I started this recipe I used my blender to blend the quinoa, gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until the quinoa is grinder down into a fine flour and everything is mixed.  Next, I poured everything into my food processor but you could still use the blender too. Pour the flour from the blender, and add all the liquid; Almond milk, honey, and coconut oil. Blend again for a few minutes until everything is blended.  Transfer your bread mix into the prepared bread pan, and if you would

Rough Week

This week was a rough one for sure. You see my father-in-law Greg died this week shorty after our vacation up north. We did not expect him to leave us so sudden. Which led me to a little bit of emotional eating instead of dealing with my pain. When I recognized what I was doing I stopped, and assessed the situation. All I needed to do was to talk about happy memories, and cry a little bit. I feel like I am  a little numb on the inside...I can't let emotional eating steer me away from my goals no matter how painful a death can be. I know one day I will see him again in heaven. Until that day comes I need to focus on a healthier lifestyle, and reaching my weight loss goal. Not to mention I am sure he would be very sad if I did not stay my course.... I know death is hard to deal with when someone so close to you passes on. I can't express how painful it is until you actually have gone through a tragedy like this. Some people quit eating, others over eat, and its easier to no