Skip to main content

Total Body Workout




Total Body Workout
Monday & Thursday’s

Here is a list of each exercise that we will be doing for the next 4 weeks. I found Jackie Warner's exercises in the magazine called FitnessRx FOR WOMEN! February 2010 issue. (https://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Women-Magazine-Vol-February/dp/B00DRSHFO6?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0).

1.    Single-Leg Raises with Rear-Deltoid Flies:  3 sets of 20
2.    Backward Lunges with Biceps Curls:  3 sets of 20
3.    Stiff-Leg Deadlifts with Dumbbell Front Raises:  3 sets of 20
4.    Deadlifts with Front Raises:  3 sets of 20
5.    Standing Calf Raises with Overhead Triceps Extensions:  3 sets of 20
6.    Sumo-Squats with Lateral Raises:  3 sets of 20
7.    Jackknife Pullovers:  3 sets of 20
8.    Squat with Military Press:  3 sets of 20
9.    Jackknife Fly: 3 sets of 20
10.Bridge with Triceps Head bangers:  3 sets of 20
11.Single-Arm Knee-Touch Extensions:  3 sets of 20
12.Reveres-Crunch Pushups with ball: 3 sets of 20
13.Plank: 3 sets   **Added on**


***If you are anything like me you will need pictures to look at while you are at the gym. You can Google the magazine to purchase or go to your library and find a copy! That way it’s easy enough to bring it with you to the gym as a reference guide***

Remember a few rules that we talked about on the last post? Eat all your meals on a salad plate, and no refined sugar.  This week I've double-checked everything that I wanted to consume to verify there is no sugar of any kind. The only thing I used was honey for my breakfast coffee. I had to get rid of my coffee creamer because it had sugar. 

To make things a lot easier I eat the same breakfast in the morning. Plus, when I cook dinner I usually make extra so I can just repeat my meals or change up my meals but with the same protein. Makes it a lot easier especially when dealing with food allergies or any diet that you decided to follow.  Over the years I've learned to adapt to making my life easier when I am making meals I automatically cook extra. 

Take a look at the pictures of the pages from the the magazine FitnessRx FOR WOMEN! February 2010. This is a preview of what we will be doing.


  















The last one we added to this workout is Plank. Set your phone clock to stopwatch, and when you are in position hit start. Its okay if you don't make it long because I sure didn't. It’s a base line and when we continue to do this program you will find yourself increasing the amount of seconds while holding this position. We tried this one 2 times to get a good reading on how long we can hold this position (which was not long ha ha). 




Looking forward to finding our buff bodies! Good luck!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a good protein

What is a good protein to eat? Some say hot dogs, and some may say luncheon meat. So there is no good answer. When you you pick out a nutrition program to follow each one of them have something different that you can choose for a protein.  Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, or whatever nutrition way that you follow there should be some guidelines to what is an excellent protein to  eat. First, let's start off with why we eat protein, and why we need it in our daily diets. You see our bodies are designed to use protein to build and repair tissues such as bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and let's not forget our blood needs protein too. Our bodies also uses protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other bodily chemicals.  Let's not forget about our hair. It is important to eat protein in order to keep some hair on our heads unless you have a hair or skin disease. Protein helps keep those hairs in their place. Well definitely for me at least LOL. When I

Homemade Quinoa Bread

This  quinoa bread is very simple to make. It is gluten-free, yeast free, and its vegan. Because you don't need to mess with yeast this makes this an easy bread to make. Only takes about 5-7 minutes to prepare, and 60 minutes to cook, and another 60 minutes to cool. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and take out your bread pan and grease it with a little bit of coconut oil. When I started this recipe I used my blender to blend the quinoa, gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free oats), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend for a few minutes until the quinoa is grinder down into a fine flour and everything is mixed.  Next, I poured everything into my food processor but you could still use the blender too. Pour the flour from the blender, and add all the liquid; Almond milk, honey, and coconut oil. Blend again for a few minutes until everything is blended.  Transfer your bread mix into the prepared bread pan, and if you would

Rough Week

This week was a rough one for sure. You see my father-in-law Greg died this week shorty after our vacation up north. We did not expect him to leave us so sudden. Which led me to a little bit of emotional eating instead of dealing with my pain. When I recognized what I was doing I stopped, and assessed the situation. All I needed to do was to talk about happy memories, and cry a little bit. I feel like I am  a little numb on the inside...I can't let emotional eating steer me away from my goals no matter how painful a death can be. I know one day I will see him again in heaven. Until that day comes I need to focus on a healthier lifestyle, and reaching my weight loss goal. Not to mention I am sure he would be very sad if I did not stay my course.... I know death is hard to deal with when someone so close to you passes on. I can't express how painful it is until you actually have gone through a tragedy like this. Some people quit eating, others over eat, and its easier to no